WHICH IS YOUR BEST PUNCH SO FAR?



I recently read an interesting article by Andrew Warner, the founder of Mixergy.com.

This is what he said:



“… I had an inner critic that kept getting in the way of my mission.

 Shutting up that little punk was the key to my productivity...

I noticed...
·         When I wanted to go for a run, it said, "Running is too hard. Stay inside and be comfortable."
·         When I wanted to work on something hard, it said, "Hey, why don't you open a few tabs in your browser and read a few news sites first?"



I thought I was the only one.

When I finally got up the courage to talk about it, some people laughed…, but most of the feedback I got came from people who said they had the same issue (we're all really the same inside, aren't we?).

Because I learned to punch that inner critic in the face and focus on what I want, Mixergy is now profitable...”

This got me thinking. All those plans and ideas i've been putting off! 

Now i know who is responsible.

Sometimes i've managed to give him a good kick on...you know where. It's always a glorious site to see him bend double in pain. 

I wish he could stay bent forever.

But other times he has managed to trick me into putting things off...like that yacht voyage that i always dream about. It has always been 'not now' or 'suppose it was raided by pirates?'

And that visit to Thailand that i keep postponing. There is always a nearer and cheaper place to go.

Oooh...and how i would love to string country music on that guitar under the stars, by the fireside with my beautiful beue....or blow a relishing melodious bellow with the saxophone to my sweetheart in a crowded bar! But where is the time to learn?

Gosh! My world would be really different.

Of course, punching this little punk is a daily struggle for all of us.

But it’s the most satisfying jab you can ever throw.

Do you have a story of how you punched your inner critic in the face?

Please share it with us, and let us all have a good laugh.

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send