CHRISTMAS MEMORIES: My best gift

One of the great things
that I really looked forward to
during Christmas
as a little one
was the coming home
of my older
brothers and sisters.


They came home
from far places -
places with exotic names,
places I still dreamed of.

And they came bearing goodies –
Some came with expensive-looking,
nicely wrapped
wines for the Old Man.

Others brought me new clothes
and shoes
that would wait up
to be worn
on Christmas Day.

Still others came with sweets
and biscuits
that I had never seen in the local shops.

They came home
all smiles -
Smart, pretty and lovely people -
filling our home with so much chatter,
stories,
And happy noise.

I didn’t know it then
but I know it now
that my siblings
were my best Christmas Gift
ever
Coz' us growing up
has left me
with such a pregnant void!

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send