Feed your soul, not your ego

"Many of us are conditioned to devote the majority of our waking hours on building our careers or business, leaving little, if any, time for other important aspects of our  lives. 
Who can deny that we live in a competitive, ambitious society that stresses the importance of being the very best, rather than simply to do the best we can?
A lot of us have bought into the grand deception of always wanting more, regardless of how much we already have. 
We have adopted the illusion that if some money, power and fame feels good, then more of these things feels better.
Maybe it would be wise for us to come to the realization that what we think we want in life might not necessarily be what we need in order to lead a truly successful and happy life. 
Maybe, just maybe, we are leaving out important personal factors from the equation of what completes us as individuals. 
Maybe it’s just a matter of making a slight shift, finding your balance and choosing a better way. Maybe there are too many “maybes” in this paragraph. Or in your life.
I’m at a place right now where my philosophy about what’s important in my life has significantly shifted. 
Yes, I love what I do for a living. I always did and I always will. But I know far too many people who are so caught up in trying to make a living that they’ve forgotten what it’s like to live. 
More often than not, what we want feeds our ego. 
But when we fulfill our needs, we feed our soul. 
Pause today for just a minute and ask yourself, Which one am I feeding?
Choose wisely, because time has a cruel way of saying, “I told you so."

- Adapted from http://www.success.com/blog/why-you-need-to-feed-your-soul-not-your-ego

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send