Re-Living Christmas: Cherished moments and memories #1

Photo by Sarah Vombrack on Unsplash
The other day
A discussion opened 
With my significant other
About where we will be spending
This Xmas Holiday.
Ideas and wishes flooded, as they always do;
But somewhere in those raging waters
Something caught at my throat.
I wondered aloud:
What will the little one remember
About Christmas
When he gets to be around our age?
What will he cherish with nostalgia?
‘What do you have in mind?’, My partner asked.
‘Nothing in particular’, i answered hesitantly,
Still trying to catch the thought that was flying fast, past me.
‘I just caught myself remembering stuff’, i finally said.
‘I think we should start celebrating it
In ways
That give him some cherished memories
As our parents did
In our time.’
‘Oooh! Nice…’ my partner cooed approvingly.
*Follow us in the next two months, in this “Re-living Christmas’ series, to catch a glimpse of cherished moments and memories of our time.
**The poems will come to you every Wednesday and Saturday. Check the number (#) in case miss anything.

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send