Words that caught me: B is for 'Be Still'


What does this mean to me, my family and my future?
How can I understand our world?

Like you...i initially started with following the daily COVID-19 briefings, reports and news.
I thought these will reveal the answers to my questions.
That they’ll tell me how fast the disease is spreading,
How long the lock-down may last,
And what the future holds for me and my loved ones.

I don’t know what your experience has been like,
But for me, the more I followed and searched, the more I got confused and frustrated.
The daily briefings were just spewing numbers and decrees. Nothing really insightful.
The global reports and news were a mixed bag. Some bleak. Some hopeful.
There was a countervailing report to almost everything.

And then something happened…that stopped all my searching.

I somehow connected the dots.
That no one really knew. No one understood it completely.
I don’t know it…and neither do you!
We are all swimming in a sea of unknowingness.

Now what?
How can we grow wiser from a change we didn’t ask for?
How do we cope? How do we move forward?

Here is one suggestion I’ve seen over and over…in one form or another.
‘Be still with reality.
Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.
Wisdom doesn’t often emerge from furious activity.
It emerges from being still enough, quiet enough to hear what matters.”

BE STILL. AND LISTEN DEEPLY WITHIN.
The answers will reveal themselves soon enough.

*This post has been inspired by Deb Mills-Scofield's Lightning Notes and Dashka Zapata's article here.

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send