Words that caught us: Abracadabra! I will create as i speak.



Do you know what the word

‘Abracadabra’ means?

 

Neither did we…until we stumbled

On a conversation about affirmations, this week.

We only remember hearing the word uttered a lot,

By magicians, when we were little.

We have never bothered to check up its meaning

Until now.

 

Apparently, abracadabra means

‘I will create as I speak’.

 

In other words,  

What I speak becomes my reality.

 

And this seems to be true,

Whether we are aware of it, or not;

That we always move in the direction

Of our words, curiosities and stories.

 

Our life and experiences are framed around

How we speak of it.

This, in turn, frames the questions we ask

Of and about it,

And the stories we tell ourselves and others.  

 

If I speak joy, I get joy in return.

If I speak kindness, I beget kindness.

If I speak anger, others get angry/frustrated with me.

If I speak abundance and gratefulness,

I find peace, ease and generosity.

 

What you speak, you create.

 

That’s why a habit of Positive Affirmations

Is very important.

It helps us frame our world,

In a way that is progressively better.

And that perspective and optimism

Shows in the words we speak,

The questions we ask,

And what we choose to do.

 

“If you want to change something,

Begin by changing the way you talk about it.’*

 

Abracadabra!

I will create as I speak!

 

If we want to invite anything into our life,

We should begin by affirming it in our life.

You create as you speak!

 

What do you choose to speak into your life, today?

What is your affirmation in, about and of life, today?

What do you choose to create or invite in?

 

*Quote by Ronald Fry in this article.

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send