Re-Living Christmas: Cherished moments and memories #10

It’s amazing how
Photo by Lee Campbell on Unsplash
We humans
Are able to create
Layers and layers of themes,
Around and about a tradition
We want to keep.
The more I reflect on
What’s goes on during Christmas,
The more I see things
I didn’t notice much before.
Take for example
The music that gets played
On the radio…
Or the attractive shop displays
Of gift items…
… the Christmas wish cards…
… the Christmas movies…
Layers and layers of themes
That help to tell a story.
No wonder the Christmas holiday
Continues to get even more exciting
And emotionally captivating
With each passing generation.
Today I got myself
Remembering something very specific –
Bonney M!
I grew up hearing their famous
Christmas carols
“Mary’s boy child”
And
“By the rivers of Babylon”.
My dad had most of their cassettes
And we’d play them over and over
During Christmas.
We never got bored of them.
And there has never been any Christmas I can remember
Without Bonney M.
There are a thousands of songs out there
Celebrating the Christmas holidays,
But none has remained so imprinted in my mind
Or as eternally fresh and hallowed,
Or gives me as much goosebumps,
Or immerses me as deeply into the Christmas mood,
The way the mellow sounds Bonney M do.
These are truly magical and inspired tunes
That I believe
Have been shared by millions
Through the years.
It reminds of another constant
I’ve come to learn and appreciate
About life –
The best way to impact the world
Is through our art,
And the best and easiest way to an eternal life
Is through our art.
What will stick in their hearts and minds
When we are air?
That’s what life is about.
That’s what counts.
That’s what will always count.
* Follow us in the next two months, in this “Re-living Christmas’ series, to catch a glimpse of cherished moments and memories of our time.
**The poems will come to you every Wednesday and Saturday. Check the number (#) in case miss anything.

Comments

Archive

Contact Form

Send